Tuesday, October 5, 2010

early mornings

I've recently started getting up an hour or two before the kids to get things done. I don't know what prompted this but I'm finding that I'm more productive before they get up than after they go to bed. I don't realize how exhausted I am at the end of the day because I've been increasingly waking up fully dressed in the morning! I'll lie on the bed and think about all there is to do, turn on the computer or t.v. and fast-forward to 6a.m...what the heck happened?!! I remember not so long ago, I'd stay up til the wee hours reading or journaling. Now I can't even greet midnight. Makes me feel old.
So this morning I did some laundry, made coffee, set out the kids' clothes, drank coffee, put away the dishes in the dishwasher, drank more coffee, killed 2 spiders (yuk!), drank 3rd cup of coffee...you get the point. I've concluded that I really don't get as much done as I let myself believe but damn it if I don't get my caffeine in before the day starts and chaos insues!
Today I'm going to Wal-Mart. I really loathe that place. Truly. We used to go there nearly daily in Pine Bluff because it was the only store open all night (that's a whole story in itself..). Now I go once a month, maybe twice. I don't know what the scientific reasoning is for it, but 90% of the time my hands start to swell and get itchy when I'm in that store. My mom says it happens to her too. Does it happen to anyone else? I have a hypothesis but I think I'll just google it as testing my idea would mean having to go in there. Ick.

2 comments:

  1. It doesn't happen to me but I am not a HUGE fan of walmart either. It's bright and harsh and stinks of badly fried chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, weird. I usually just get hot and irritated at Walmart. Why is it always SO stuffy in that store? Unfortunately we are there far too often as it's the only "real" store in McPherson other than Dillon's.

    ReplyDelete